Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Greetings to LCHS and ST. James, Lititz, et. al

Greetings from Bo, Sierra Leone. If you read Ray's blog you will read of our journey here. Today we are working on getting conectivity with the satelite. Hopefully we will accomplish the task and see all of you. We are sitting at Mars Internet Cafe in Bo and the people have been most gracious in helping us get connected. The trip to this point has been eye-opening to say the least. The people of Sierra Leone are extremely friendly and want to go out of their way to talk to you and meet all of your needs. I look forward to giving my first presentation today to the over 70 attendees at the conference. Wish me luck! There was a wonderful welcoming banquet for us last night. We had all the traditional Western US bar-be-que fixings: chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes, cabbage, and a salad with some homegrown ingredients. It was all very good. However, I was bribed into trying a hot sauce for the cabbage. Needless to say in Africa "HOT" has a whole new meaning. My tongue is still on fire!!!! To my Christian Service students I want to way thank you for the going away party. And to the people of Saint James, know that your dollars will be well spent. Finally I send my love to my wife Char. I miss you!!! Until later today, I sign off. and yes, it is hot and humid, but it's better than the cold ANYDAY.

Love to all

Jim Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment